Updates and latest news about Rising Tide.
- I have worked out what to do with Anika. I have worked it out so that she and Crilo will have alternating character arcs with the completion of an arc for one of them leading into the start of a new arc for the other. Not as ambitious, perhaps, yet I think it will work ... keep reading
- I got a little sidetracked in the prep over the last weekend due to Canadian Thanksgiving. There was a lot of cooking a lot of food. There was also a lot of alcohol which is, surprisingly, still here for the most part. I did do some prep, talked through a major sticky plot bit with ... keep reading
- I have just finished reading 5 Secrets of Story Structure: How to Write a Novel That Stands Out (Helping Writers Become Authors Book 6) by K.M. Weiland (currently free on amazon) and I am glad I did.
If you are like me you have spent years reading about story structure and the hows and whys of ... keep reading
- ♪ Know when to walk away, know when to run ♪ – Kenny Rogers, The Gambler
I might not be running though. Not actually. It is more like mentally drawing a giant red X through everything and starting again. I am speaking of Rising Tide. Have I mentioned it is a mess? Have I mentioned “mess” ... keep reading
- I have two different cover images I am toying around with. Now realizing I am not an artist (at least not for book covers) these are very rudimentary and more to give me an general idea of the feel I am going for. Also they will help when I do find an artist to be ... keep reading
50 197 words. I am only about half finished the first draft, but right now, I need about a week of sleep.
Share this post on: keep reading
- It has kind of become a thing where writers the world over have a nagging suspicion their search history has The Powers That Be keeping very close tabs on them. When I talk to non-writers about this they always respond with “Oh, everyone googles weird shit.”, which is 100% true. The truly defining trait for ... keep reading
- Synopsis: When an alien craft crashes at Anika Klock’s feet she is thrust into the middle of a struggle that has spanned generations. Her only ally is Crilo, the target of an intergalactic terrorist plot.Yet, even as they grow closer, both know Crilo is honour-bound to betray her.
The good news about that synopsis up there. ... keep reading